Sunday, January 30, 2011

UNH Museum Opening

This past Friday I attended the UNH Museum opening and observed the two exhibits, Legacy: Works by Distinguished Former Faculty, and ReView: Recent Work by UNH Alumni. As a UNH art student myself, viewing the work of many former UNH students and faculty members became so much more personal than any of the previous exhibits I have attended at the UNH Museum of Art. So many great works of art were displayed and wonderfully represented University of New Hampshire.

I particularly enjoyed work done by Melvin Zabarsky, Adam Pearson, Christopher Gowell, Roger Goldenberg, and Janvier Rollande. Pictured below are the works of Melvin Zabarsky and Christopher Gowell.


I was also delighted to run into a few old friends of mine who were also attending the opening, one of whom was my previous academic advisor from way back when I was an Equine Science major, Sarah Hamilton!


Mother Earth
By Melvin Zabarsky

Displayed in the Legacy: Works by Distinguished Former Faculty
exhibit



Iguana Birdbath
By Christopher Gowell
Displayed in the ReView: Recent Work by UNH Alumni exhibit

No comments:

Post a Comment