Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Frank

Meet Frank

This is Frank (left), I name my sculptures after the person they were modeled after. Frank was also the first ceramic portrait I made from a model. I had previously experimented with portraits and masks from images I found, but I had never worked with a model before Frank.

My family moved around quite a bit when I was younger and each time we moved I would find some sport or activity to keep myself busy and meet new people. When I was in 4th grade, my family moved from North Carolina to Chicago, and I picked up painting and drawing at a local art studio. Halfway through 6th grade my family moved again, from Chicago to Northern California, this time I picked up sculpture while taking classes with a local artist. I made Frank when I was fourteen years old, so I like to say we have a long history together.


Frank
Margo Belisle, 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment