Monday, March 7, 2011

The Institute of Contemporary Art

Field Trip!

I guess you can say I was surprised when we whizzed by the ICA building in the car(almost missing it) and my first sight was this lonely looking cube of a building, "That's IT?":

Picture by Hanneorla

Once inside, this boring looking cube was actually way more interesting than I thought. I found the interior space of the building to be most interesting. I loved the giant glass elevator that seemed to float up the middle of the building, allowing a peek into each floor(and creepily on it's occupants) as it rose.

One room I found particularly amazing was one lecture hall that seemed to slant into the glass wall that separated you between the room and the brackish water of the Boston Harbor below. Descending into this room required stepping down the stairs that lined both side walls which gave me a weird sense of vertigo, like I was falling into space as I went down.


No comments:

Post a Comment