Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Taken by the Wind

Wind Sculptures by Lyman Whitaker

This year's spring break was pretty uneventful. I stayed on campus and visited my boyfriend, Andy, in Maine for a few days to escape the ghost town UNH has become. I was talking with Andy's dad about some of my latest work in metal fabrication and he suggested visiting one of the art stores not too far away to see some interesting metal sculptures.

So we drove to the Maine Art store in Kennebunk and as soon as we turned onto the street I knew what cool sculptures Andy's dad was talking about.
These giant, swirling, undulating, double helix forms twisted in the wind. We walked around the small front lawn poking and taking pictures of the sculptures. Lyman Whitaker works out of Utah, but his sculptures are displayed all over the US such as Appleton, WI; Whittier, CA; St. Louis, MO; and Denver, CO.

No comments:

Post a Comment