Thursday, July 22, 2010

HW #7- Flâneur


The french word "flâneur", in English terms, is basically another word for someone who idles of simply strolls. So for this Flâneur homework assignment, I strolled around campus, taking pictures as I went about my day. Starting at home on my front porch, then to the library for work, and back home a few hours later for dinner-- a rotisserie chicken I couldn't help to take a few delicious shots of when I finished carving it for chicken enchiladas mmm.

I also experimented with the printing of these images and the background fill color behind the photo. I used either white, black, or gray, depending on how light or dark the photo was. For darker images I tried to used white or gray background fills so the dark image wouldn't be lost in the printed frame. For lighter images I used white or gray. I like the lighter framing for images that had a lot of whites in the image, so the frame wouldn't be too high of a contrast against the image.


Splintered


Dead Chicken

That Fuzzy Feeling


Gilbert

Nature v. Civilization


Warmth

No comments:

Post a Comment