Wednesday, July 14, 2010

HW #2- Scan-o-gram

I did two scan-o-gram images. I began first by experimenting with some dried flowers (thank you Andy), rearranging them and incorporating my hands. I like the simplicity of the first scan-o-gram, the flowers look rather elegant on the black background.

This series of scanned photos was arranged to appear like a window, my hands picking through the flowers. This set of photos kind of juxtaposes the idea of looking out a window to a field of flowers, perfect for picking and putting on the kitchen table.


Something odd happened when I re-saved my second set of scan-o-gram images(seen above). Upon saving the file from PSD to JPEG, the computer gave the image a negative effect. I saved again and the image still came out rather odd looking. I still have no idea how the image managed to transform like that, but I think the outcome is rather interesting! It looks like an xray of my lunch box.

For the layout of this second series of scan-o-gram photos, I kept the "window" effect, but this time the images together as a whole can be interpreted entirely differently. I love the "x-ray" outcome and think of the x-ray imaging screens in airport security. Each photo shows a portion of my sandwich being eaten, giving a very subtle story line. Standing and waiting in long security lines at the airport can definitely make someone hungry ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment